The main objective of the project is to diversify theglass-bangle manufacturing sector andto introduce more suitable techniques and technology into the industry.
BRIEF PROFILE OF SECTOR
Hyderabad, the second biggest city of Sindh, is the only place where Glass Bangles are being manufactured. There are about 32 glass-bangle manufacturing units in Hyderabad and the average investment in a glass-bangle manufacturing unit is Rs.5-6 million. There are about 300,000 people directly or indirectly involved in the manufacturing, trading, packing, transporting etc of glass bangle. A semi-automatic unit requires 10-12 labors while manual unit is being operated by 50-60 labors. The number also depends on number of furnaces in operation.However, this cluster, in spite of the easy availability of raw material for the making of glass, and skilled workers has limited itself to the manufacture of glass bangles.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
The Glass Products Design & Manufacturing Center (GPDMC) will enable the Hyderabad Bangles Manufacturing cluster to diversity into manufacturing other glass productssuch as decorated ware, tableware, automobile headlight lenses, glass bulbs, shells, consumer products such as bowls and ashtrays etc.
BENEFITS TO THE SECTOR/SMEs
- To provide Specialized Training in Glass Products Designing, Cutting, Engraving, Molding Etc., Glass Blowing and Glass products Decoration
- To provide Product Design & Development facilities
- To provide Testing Facilities and Consultancy Services to the local Glass Industry
- To encourage and support the cluster to enter export markets by producing diverse products
- To better utilize the available raw material and skilled workmanship
- To provide information on trade fairs and exhibitions of glass products
- To create job opportunities (direct employment 16, indirect employment generation is 500)
CONTACT DETAILS OF PROJECT DIRECTOR
Syed Asif Ali Shah
Project Manager GPDMC
Plot # A-103, Near Alpino Food Factory, SITE Hyderabad
Tel: 022-3880099, Mobile:0333 2600917